Saturday, January 05, 2008

when the man heard laughter - square # 160


when the man heard laughter, originally uploaded by china.sixty4.

My beautiful partner and daughter walk along a residential "nong tang" (alley) in the Xiangqiao district, in the center of the city, as a vegetable vendor looks on.

We were out walking in the center of the city, - walking amongst the "Hutong" in the shaded "nong tang's" , trying to avoid the heat of the middle of the day - Buying vegetables, yes I prefer to buy from local "markets" not the multi-national "Supermarkets", when my daughter and partner were walking ahead of me I noticed this man sitting alone with his basket of "fresh vegie's", I stopped to take a look at his goods, my daughter (as she often does) laughed, this caught the vendors attention, which is unusual because as you can imagine being a 180cm + bearded European, I usually am the one who "catches all the attention" - I took those few brief moments to capture this image.

photo:mhobbs

2 comments:

thirty sth said...

I really like your blog. What camera do you use for landscape-format pictures?

Mark said...

Your photos are really amazing! You have a wonderful eye. Do you sell any of your photos?