Saturday, May 25, 2013

the guang # 4


the guang # 4, originally uploaded by china.sixty4.

Via Flickr:
Guangzhou central train station platform - train to Shangqiu an 18 hour trip - early evening Guangzhou, Guangdong, China
I had a 'soft sleeper' ticket (I actually wanted a 'hard sleeper', it's slight cheaper and justas comfortable), it was ok, I slept, wandered around the train and listened to a podcast or two. It was great to get home!
Over the last month or so I have been 'seriously' preoccupied with VISA'S, my wife (Cecilia) and our kids were rejected "tourist visa's to Australia" not actually sure why, they will apply for a 'Spousal Visa" whist in The Philippines" - . Anyway I went to Guangzhou to apply for an RRV Visa (resident return visa) to Australia, (Just today I sent 18 further documents, etc to Guangzhou Australian Consulate, after a phone call last week requesting further evidence of my 'ties to Australia') .I lived in Australia for over 38 years as a permanent resident, (but still remaining a British Citizen) - (My Mother, British Born, became an Australian Citizen in 2005) I think of , as you know as Australia home, it is where I went to School, High School, and University. It is where I had career as an actor, film director and producer, I came to China in 2004 thinking that I would stay for no more than 12 months, 9 years later I am here....Waiting, Hoping for a visa, (I have both a job and a home waiting for me in Australia) to a place that I think of as home....I'll let you know when I know.........!

No comments: